Re: identifying vanilla GPT partitions for encryption

As a matter of fact mount(and friends) can use any key/value pair
supported by libblkid. In fact this includes Filesystem label, filesystem
UUID, GPT partition label and GPT partition UUID. (LABEL/UUID for fs,
PARTLABEL/PARTUUID for GPT partitions)

Regards

-Sven