Re: "not a valid LUKS device" after distro change

On 08/21/2014 10:55 AM, John Wells wrote:
Thanks. How would I use this information to track back to a potential problem?

On Aug 21, 2014 10:41 AM, "Robert Nichols" <rnicholsNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:rnicholsNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    You can run (as root) "dmsetup deps" on each device in /dev/mapper to see
    the major and minor device numbers needed for each entry.

You could at least see whether the same device numbers show up for the
boots where the volume is working vs. the times when it is not working.
If they are different, that would be an important clue.

                Do NOT delete it.