Re: Kernel update: "Failed to access temporary keystore device."

On 08/01/2014 05:57 AM, Arno Wagner wrote:
> I just tried to upgrade my kernel from 3.10.48 to 3.14.15
> (kernel.org). This is Debian wheezy. After the update, I
> get "Failed to access temporary keystore device." when
> trying to unlock my LUKS partitions. As far as I can tell
> I have not changed anything relevant in the kernel config,
> I just did a "make oldconfig" with the old kernel .config.

Hi,

for some strange reason I am tempting to ask if you read
the FAQ but... ;-)

Well, seriously: this happens when temporary mapped keyslot device
cannot be read (but kernel mapping was created successfully).
Not common problem, I do not even remember someone reported this...

It seems like some udev/kernel compatibility problem (Debian
has non-standard dm/lvm udev rules btw).
Either bad access rights to device node or device node is missing
(the second is probably the issue).
It is possible you will need to use new udev or something.

Can you paste the command with added --debug?

Can you try to boot Debian provided kernel - does it work?
(Anyway, I am using custom kernel in Debian for years without problem
but I am using unstable repo.)

Milan