Re: Truecrypt audit

Hi Arno,

I would go even a step further.  Since we know Truecrypt is popular,
and America alone spends $50billion+ annually to get 50,000+ of the
worlds smartest people to ensure they have back-door access to as much
as possible, I'd go so far as to say that some kind of back door is a
certainty.

Hiding cunning back doors in source code is one of the most
interestingly compelling intellectual tasks you could ever dream to
work on.  Lots of countries spend lots of money hiring lots of very
smart people to do just that...  (and, just one example, the source
uses /dev/random - the current worlds-most-famous-place for hiding
backdoors; yet they didn't care to dive into the kernel code behind
that, not that doing so is even possible on closed-source windows
platforms...)

The very start of the analysis reports that they didn't attempt to
build the binary we all use, from the source they examined.  That's
pretty much as far as you need to read :-(

Kind Regards,
Chris Drake