Re: LUKS/cryptsetup with HSM

That may not be strictly true going forward - in particular, the combination
of the keyctl API (see "trusted keys"[1]) and the "trusted kernel" work[2]
(or possibly whatever name Phoronix comes up with if someone thinks Matthew
Garrett is bluffing) mean that "known to the kernel" == "accessible to root"
may not always hold.

An alternate dmsetup syntax that uses a key in a kernel-side keyring might
be all that's needed for such a thing.

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rusty/linux.git/tree/Documentation/security/keys-trusted-encrypted.txt
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1656312