Re: dm-crypt on raid 5 - having all disks on single controller makes dm-crypt slower

My best guess here is this:

There is one work queue (IO QUEUE) per controller. Which in turn means
that dm-crypt is fed by two queues and as such decides to have one kworker
instance per queue. I might be completely wrong though. (Actually there's
still mdraid, which seems to have accordingly 1/2 queues).

Regards

-Sven