Re: Re2: nuke password to delete luks header

On 15.01.2014 13:40, Arno Wagner wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:39:44 CET, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
> > Or for the Truecypt example:
> > Try to prove that you don't have a hidden volume. It's a documented
> > feature of Truecypt, so a LEO just assumes that you use it, regardless
> > of you actually using one or not.
>
> My advice here is to have a hidden volume and to immediately admit
> it and open it for them. You can even explain that having one with
> harmless data is the only way to prove you do not have one with
> illicit data in it.

I don't think that proves anything.

At least in theory it should be possible to have several hidden volumes.
Or have stacked hidden volumes.
(Due to lack of knowledge i don't actually know if Truecrypt (by itself)
actually supports such a thing.)

--

Matthias