Re: Integrate cryptsetup in bootloader

What autheticity? grub's?

The key will be stored by the firmware the same way the keys delivered
with it are stored, most probably. That's why I said, you'd have to trust
the firmware and that it can not easily be tampered with.

I wanted to point out, that an attack on the bootloader itself is not
really the problem here, as you can sign it and use secure boot.

But in turn we'd have to trust secure boot and the security of the
firmware in general.

It is probably way easier though to manipulate the bootloader executeable,
as Arno pointed out, than using a JTAGGer and modify the firmware.

Regards

-Sven