Can't boot

I can't figure out how to subscribe to the list, so I hope that just
sending is OK.

I've installed SolydX (Debian), but it won't boot.  It never asks me for
sda3's password, and after a bit always drops me to (initramfs), saying
that no root disk was found.  Indeed there is no /dev/mapper/sda3_crypt.

For some reason, on boot it is not setting up the luks disk.  My method
below works just fine for a SolydK install (KDE), but not for a SolydX
install (XFCE).

The installer does not support encryption, so I installed it to
partitions:
/boot /dev/sda1 200MB ext3
/ /dev/sda4 1.8TB jfs

While still in the SolydX live DVD:
# cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/sda3
# cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda3 sda3_crypt
# mkfs.jfs /dev/mapper/sda3_crypt
# mkdir /media/3
# mount /dev/mapper/sda3_crypt /media/3

Now I copied everything from sda4 (the / install) to sda3
# rsync --archive --hard-links --numeric-ids --progress
/media/solydxk/???/* 3

	# cd /media/3/etc
	In /etc/crypttab (which doesn't exist in SolydX until I create
	it, in contrast with SolydK which has one):
		sda3_crypt      /dev/sda3       none    luks
	In fstab:
		/dev/mapper/sda3_crypt  /       jfs
		errors=remount-ro,noatime       0 1

	# mount /dev/sda1 /media/3/boot