Re: cryptsetup alternate storage backend

Hello,

We have some work to tackle before being able to implement dm-crypt in QEMU.
But it would like the following.

> Do you have some better specification what do you need from libcryptsetup?
I was thinking of a way to give libcryptsetup a structure containing some files
operation which would be implemented by QEMU.

something like
struct crypt_fops {
    .read
    .write
    .open
    .close
    .wipe
    .sync
}

The call would look like
cryptsetup_register_fops(struct crypt_fops *f);

This way other potentials users of libcryptsetup could implement their own fops
and link against it.

> And do you need this code to be portable to other OS environment as well, correct?
Yes QEMU is cross platform.

Best regards

Benoît