Re: Authenticated Encryption for dm-crypt

En réponse à Arno Wagner <arno@xxxxxxxxxxx> :
> The additional space is not the problem. The problem is
> keeping  data and additonal data consistent and keeping
> head-movements  minimal. There is quite a bit of discussion
> and literature around about these problems as this gets
> proposed time and again.
> If I remember correctly, some people even tried with custom
> disks  that had 540 byte sectors or something like that. All
> efforts failed, this idea always dies as soon as practical
> filesystem aspects come  into play.

Maybe it's off topic, but why we don't put integrity at
filesystem level?
If we mess something at ciphered level, we could detect
it at filesystem level because it's really unlikely that somebody
could break the ciphered level *and* keep filesystem integrity.

Thanks

Envoyé avec Inmano, ma messagerie renversante et gratuite : http://www.inmano.com