Re: cryptsetup with native PKCS#11 support

What is more user friendly Google Code or GitHub?

code.google.com look more professional,serious and cleaner to me.To add to its sense of seriousness,you get a dedicated download page where you have more visible and official releases.

on the downside,it lacks "social integration",it seem to be designed with only one project in mind and the project lives independent of everything else.

github on the other hand,it seem hacky to me and a place where you throw some random bits though people do serious work there.You can have one account with multiple subprojects,you can have your repos and people can collaborate with you from their repositories,you get to see who contributes what,where,how much,you know, the whole social thing.If you are into that kind of thing then github will be a place to be.If you plan to have multiple subprojects,related or otherwise then github is a place to be too.

Which one you will like may come down to personal preference.I have project in both and i use them equally.

Those in authority will give you an authoritative answer so take what i am about to say as merely toothless speculations.I think the answer you will get to your request to patch cryptsetup to add functionality you seek is "NO" and the reason given will be that the kind functionality you are seeking lives above cryptsetup and the best way to go about it is to get the key somehow independent of cryptsetup and then just pass it to cryptsetup.for it to unlock the volume.