Re: Re2: Encrypt underlying disks after the fact?

Quoting Arno Wagner <arno@xxxxxxxxxxx> on Tue, Apr 02 02:46:

> P.S.: You should also realize that if you encrypt individual
> disks, you get significantly higher CPU loads than if you encrypt
> an md-raid. At least on writes, everything has to be encrypted twice
> with RAID1 on individually encrypted disks.

Good point. I forgot to mention this is a very lightly loaded home server
with lots of CPU to spare. It looks like it averages 90+% idle on an
average day, that's with the CPUs running downclocked to save power.

--
Wish for a master key and open the Magic Memory Vault!