Re: force luksClose

On 21.02.2013 22:16, Benjamin Eberhardt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the aboved mentioned problem happened to me again and this time i made sure
> i would try to find every open file and close it first, then unmount the
> partition but still luksClose did not work...
>
> The partition is unmounted but still i get this error:
>
> # cryptsetup luksClose sata_p1_2TBa
> Device sata_p1_2TBa is busy.
>
> no open files on *sata* davice (both device and mountpoint are called the
> same)

>From my personal experience the things that DON'T show up in lsof are:
mountpoints (and bind-mounts)
nfs

So if there is a mountpoint inside, you have to umount that first. If
you have a NFS-export of the mountpoint or something inside the
mountpoint you have to remove that export or stop NFS for the moment it
takes to do the umount.

There may be other things that don't show up in lsof, but i don't know
about them.

--

Matthias