Re: static libraries

What are you trying to do here?

I am trying to see if i can build statically against libcryptsetup. I doubt the distribution i am using will switch to cryptsetup 1.6 anytime soon and some users will want truecrypt support. Some sort of a private version of cryptsetup will be a solution.

the "libcryptsetup.a" library wasnt being produced here and i though the problem was on your end.It looks like it was on this end and the problem is now gone.Not sure what the problem was but i suspect it has to do gcrypt dev package of the distribution not shipping with static libraries.Building gcrypt from sources with static option seem to have solved the problem.