Re: (no subject)

the truecrypt container file was created by truecrypt version 7.0a using default options

The truecrypt mapper was created using cryptsetup 1.6.0-rc1 in my previous post.My own tool can open and close truecrypt volumes so all other functions seem to work except this one.

you can look at line 365 in the below link to see the my current work around for this problem.

http://code.google.com/p/zulucrypt/source/browse/zuluCrypt-cli/lib/status.c?spec=svn48c37c189cb6b69b73b8760b4bc86236f5bde5b7&r=48c37c189cb6b69b73b8760b4bc86236f5bde5b7

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Milan Broz <gmazyland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/30/2012 12:15 AM, .. ink .. wrote:

> i meant "tcrypt" for "truecrypt".
>
> Way to test.
> 1. create a truecrypt mapper.
> 2. call "crypt_init_by_name" to create context through the opened mapper and the function call will fail.

interesting, cryptsetup close (action_close) uses this and it doesn't fail here...

How do you create that truecrypt device? (It cannot use devices directly mapped by
truecrypt itself, cryptsetup will handle only devices which have proper DM UUID,
activated by cryptsetup).

Can you send me some code sample which fails?

Milan