Re: Can't mount my LUKS crypted disk after kernel update / reboot

On 12/16/2012 07:11 PM, Philipp Durrer wrote:

> dmsetup table --showkeys

Hm, I should said do compare but do NOT send this to list
(it contains volume key).

You should reencrypt your devices now...
(including truecrypt device you have mapped, because they are no longer
secure)

> unknown partition table doesn't look good to me, but I can see this error for other md drives aswell.

That's fine, it should be LUKS device without partition
(this message is misleading and should be removed from kernel IMO)

I thihk LUKS/dmcrypt  works as expected here, something was corrupted in MD or ext4.

> I did check the keyslot with the keyslot_checker in misc, did report that everything looks fine.
> Did aswell check the disk with hd tool and looks fine aswell all random data up to 0x20000 where data begins.

check plain (unlocked) luks device as well, maybe you will see some pattern
which explains that why overwritten (it apparently missing ext4 or any known signature
to blkid)

Milan