Re: Reconsidering default options for cryptsetup-reencrypt

On 11/23/2012 10:27 AM, Arno Wagner wrote:
>> Also there are SSD drives which uses internally RAID0 to speed
>> up operations (in reality it is more independent SSD drives inside).
>
> Ok, but I think _that_ does not count, unless you know of some
> that expose the controller. ;-)

just FYI
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=99a700bcc75429ba84a672d04f0b650dcc5b3042

All these drives in manline linux (with patch above) are visible as separate devices
(separate controllers) while with proprietary driver you see one big device
(which is raid0 internally in fact)

I was able to mount it with mdadm with 64k chunk size later (with separate drives).

Its fw seems to be optimized for the raid0 case though...

Milan