Re: Encrypt all partitions with dm-crypt

On 09/25/2012 07:58 AM, Stayvoid wrote:
> OK, let's go back to the recovery shell problem.
> (That message is too big to place it here. Please use the archives.)
>
> Looks like that it's not possible to use cryptsetup from a recovery shell.
> What can I do to decrypt / mount my partitions after the boot?
> (/dev/sda1 (/boot) is not encrypted.)
>
> Thanks

What distribution are you using? That sounds odd because I'd think your recovery
shell is the same environment as your initrd which most certainly has cryptsetup.

If cryptsetup isn't working, try

# modprobe dm-crypt

(Although with recent kernels, this shouldn't be necessary anymore).