Re: Migrating from loop AES to dm-crypt

On 18/09/12 22:32, Arno Wagner wrote:
>> I just tried this again and it now works fine. I thought I tried
>> several plain "create" options, but... evidently not!
>
> Data recovery has a tendency to devolve into chaos, if you
> only do it rarely ;-)

LOL, yes! I think I tried the basic "create" options after I'd read a page
somewhere about the full syntax for the cipher and hash arguments, so I was
probably trying all manner of fancy IV schemes and chaining modes. If only I'd
tried the basic stuff!

Anyway, sorted now. I've posted the answer in the other forums where I asked the
same question (LinuxQuestions and the SUSE forums), so hopefully along with your
FAQ update we'll help a few people who have the same problem :)

Thanks again.

--
Cheers,
-nick