Re: No key available for this passphrase

Hi,

seems you have damaged the keyslot are in some way.
(See FAQ Item 6.12) This is where a header-backup
(See FAQ item 6.1ff) comes in, typically as the only way
to recover. Other things you can try: If you have multiple
passphrases, try them all.

>From what you describe, I do not see how you could have
done damage. Have you maybe used the "encrypted partition"
feature of Ubuntu? It has a known bug (see FAQ item 1.3)
that makes it look like it maps LUKS partitions, but it
really re-creates them, destroyuing the old data permanently.

While the update is suspicuous, you being able to boot it
once (I assume from war or cold reset) and the test with the
other system should rule it out as root cause.

Arno

Arno Wagner,    Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform.,   Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx
----