Re: Elevator / dm-crypt

On 02.09.2012, Milan Broz wrote:

[....]

Thanks a lot, Milan! Now it's all clear to me.

My main intention is to set "noop" as the default elevator, and switch
to cfq for the harddisk via rc.local when booting (it's a conventional
rotating drive, no SSD). This has the effect that all USB drives
plugged in later will get "noop" as their active scheduler, since it's
the default, while all partitions on the harddisk have "cfq".

This way, I avoid hair-pulling work with udev/systemd to have "noop"
for all non-rotational drives plugged in :-)