Re: aes-xts-plain with aes_x86_64 makes my SSD 5x slower than my encrypted HD

On lun., 2012-07-23 at 12:46 +0200, Milan Broz wrote:
> So no wonder that you get slow operation - in dd/hdparm usually only
> one cpu is processing the request. If CPU is fast enough, no problem.
> If not you will see slowdown. AES-NI will speed up this on that cpu
> core,
> but will not help run request in parallel on multi-core systems.

Then I should see slow operations too, since I'm doing exactly the same
test. My guess is that is a kernel issue somewhere, but maybe we should
try a common ground (say, a grml live or some fedora live) and report
back?

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis