LUKS header cksum?

I was wondering if there is a checksum on the LUKS header? I didn't read the whole thing, but a quick look at
the  http://wiki.cryptsetup.googlecode.com/git/LUKS-standard/on-disk-format.pdf  specs, seems to only have
a checksum of the master-key, not of the whole header.

When I found my corruption, the cryptsetup seemed to work fine and nothing indicated to me that there was some corruption.
I didn't run isLuks to see what that would have said. Evidently there was enough information around to consider the LUKS was
there, and keep the running system working OK, but not enough to recognize that there was corruption and that my
passphrases wouldn't work.