Re: Another LUKS problem

I do hope you have a LUKS header backup, what you are doing
comes with an extreme high risk of damaging the header or
key-slot aream with the associated permanent data-loss.

That said, the simplest thing would be to enlarge sdb1 to
start at the same place and span the rest of the disk.
Everything else risks putting in a partition header into
data, unless you know the sector-exact size the partition
had before or only use primary partitions. The filesystem
inside the LUKS container will still be its original size
and prevent overwriting of any other data.

Arno

Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx
----