Re: linux luks automatic boot with keyfile (INSECURE)

Hi,
You may want look into using TPM and trusted-grub.
This allows you to bind a key to the physical device, and then only that
device can mount/decrypt the disk. (I never done this myself no idea how
hard or easy this is, neither I know how secure this really is. And
well, as it is physically bound to a system, you have to have a real
system, no VM and transfer it to other Hardware is not easy too)

Additional, you have to be careful to secure your OS while it runs (eg,
make it impossible to gain root, secure everything from the
user....thats no easy task, maybe even impossible with current OSes)

Imho, you should try not go this road. As with a lot of systems, you
have to think about every possible way to compromise the system (you
most likely will forget one), but the attacker has only to find ONE way
to break it. Just not worth the effort.

Depending on your requirements, you may want think about hosting the
software at a trusted location, and have your users use it remotely.

Or drop the technical solution in favor of a legal solutions. publish
your source, so you have prove of ownership and release date (or use
another way to make sure your code will be recognized as yours by a
court afterwards).
Have your software "pone home" and get a laywer. Make it clear you WILL
go to court. Most companies fear lawyers much more than nerds. Breaking
technical things seems to be a "gentlemen offence", breaking legal
things is considered "expensive".