XTS performance

Hi,

Looking back at the archives, it appears that aes-xts-plain in dm-crypt
runs at half the speed of aes-cbc-essiv:
http://www.saout.de/pipermail/dm-crypt/2010-November/001348.html. Milan
explained it at the time by XTS doing 2 AES operations for each
plaintext block. But my understanding of XTS is that it is similar to
ESSIV: 1 AES op per 16-byte block, plus 1 op for the sector.

- Did I misread the definition of XTS, and it's really 2 AES ops per
16-byte block?

- Does anybody have more recent performance comparisons, confirming (or
not) the performance difference?

Thanks,

    Yaron