Re : Re : Re : Poor performances with nfs and Kernel 3.x

Sorry for the late answer.
I've finally compiled the last stable Kernel 3.2.7 this afternoon, and the problem is still here :(

There is an identical bug report on ubuntu launchpad ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nfs-utils/+bug/879334 ), but I'm not sure if Ubuntu is working on it. (Problem reported when Ubuntu started using 3.0 Kernel in october 2011)
I need to take a look at the NFS mailing list to see if the problem has been reported. The solution is certainly here.

For the moment, I stay with the 2.6 Kernel !

Thanks for your help !
Mickael

PS: about point 3: Have you ever thinking adding an option to cryptsetup to do a benchmark like this: http://www.truecrypt.org/screenshots2 (I guess everyone build his own one)
In fact, with the speed, it will be great to have an idea about the security level of  each cipher too. But is it possible to calculate such index ?
For example, is the slowest cipher the most secure ?