Re: poor mysqldump performance

I notice that you are using a really, really old kernel.
2.6.18 is from end of 2006 or so. There were some
performance issues with the dm-layer, they might just
still be in this old version.

With 3.2.5 I basically see that IO is CPU limited
or going at full speed if the CPU is fast enough.
I have not tries a MySQL dump though, although this
should just be standard disk accesses.

Arno

Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx
----