password recovery for a luksOpened device?

Hey there,

I managed to forget the passphrase for a server (it is very rarely
rebooted).

It it still running, the LUKS device is opened, and the filesystem
laying on top of it is mounted.

So, I do have a fresh backup, and can keep on trying to remember the
passphrase with `cryptsetup luksAddKey /dev/mapper/foobar`

However, it would be a lot of hasle to re-install the system entirely,
as the services cannot suffer a long downtime.

Is there a way to recover the passphrase or add a new keyslot while the
system's running, the crypto device mounted, the fs opened?

Or do I necessarily have to jump towards the "How do I recover the
master key from a mapped LUKS container?" FAQ entry?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

--
mike dentifrice <fluor@xxxxxxxxxxx>