Re: clarification on the use of API with key slot argument on plain volumes

On 10/02/2011 11:26 PM, .. ink .. wrote:

> I am trying to move from using cryptsetup from the command line to
> using the library and i dont seem to understand the API very well.

There will be soon documentation with some examples soon (days,
we have already some patches).

> Most API like "crypt_activate_by_passphrase" has a keyslot argument
> in them, plain volumes do not use key slots. How can this API and
> others that has a keyslot argument be used on plain volumes?

use CRYPT_ANY_SLOT (it is ignored anyway).

See cryptsetup.c implementation as example for now.

(I'll reply with some example later but I'll be not online for few days now...)

Milan