Re: request for zulucrypt to be mentioned in cryptsetup main page.

Well, it would not make to much sense to have more entropy in your keyfile
than your MK is long. As such, as little as MK-bits of entropy in the
keyfile are sufficient. On the other hand there are no contraints of
minimum key length, that's all up to the user, afaik.

You should consider though increasing the iteration time, when the
passphrase is short. The shorter the phrase (the less entropy) the more
iterations in Key Stretching should be done, otherwise you could aswell
save the computational power wasted in the encryption.

On a sidenote: As far as I know cryptsetup will read no more than MK-Bits
from keyfiles, but Milan should be able to tell you for sure. This would
mean though, that a keyfile is expected to have good entropy.

Best approach of course would be to determine the entropy of the
keyfile/passphrase, compare it to the requested keylength (and mode) and
then decide what to do: Reject, compensate by key stretching, Accept.

Regards

-Sven