Re: Verbatim's crypto NAS - News Article

Just another brick in the wall of tech vendors not being able to design
any single working product.

Honestly, hardly any product I purchased in the last years ever lived up
to it's specifications. While in most cases the ASICs or SoCs were
adequate esp. SEA-Vendors tend to completely screw up firmwares/firmware
design, no matter if it's MP3-Players, DVD-Players, Cell Phones and what
not.

So, this comes as no surprise at all (imho); but if we agree on this being
a 'backdoor' for recovery, what can be expected as quality of the entropy
used for this backdoor? And then take a look at the article - as little as
50,000 something iterations for PBKDF2. I would never accept such a low
value on a productive system.

-Sven