-----Original message-----
From: marcin kowalski <yoshi314@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
dm-crypt@xxxxxxxx
Sent:
Fri, Sep 2, 2011 07:36:54 GMT+00:00
Subject:
[dm-crypt] question on available userspace authentication methods

This is mostly question on cryptsetup, if this is a wrong list, i'd be
thankful for information where is the proper mailing list for it.

Hi list, i've been using dm-crypt through cryptsetup for quite a while
now. So far my impression is that your authentication is limited to
either providing a keyfile, or typing in a password to unlock
encrypted volumes. Maybe there are more ways to authenticate, and i am
just not aware of it.

Are there any other authenticaton methods one could use?

I'm mostly interested in whether somebody is planning to adapt
cryptsetup to authenticate using an USB microcontroller device
(teensy, arduino, atmel) ? Having a physical key device that's not
just a flashdrive with a plain key on it (either as a file or data
hidden in a few sectors (archilinux has such option)) would sound a
bit more reasonable..