Re: Protection against data failure

Thanks. That is a great idea. I was thinking on to advance solutions
to realize that what you say a secondary disk with its own LUKS header
and some crafty snapshot or normal backup procedure is probably the
easiest and best.

Thanks for all your answers. I feel I have a much clearer look on how
LUKS works(and some lvm too :-))

A final question that is more LVM but it sounds like you have some
knowledge in this area. My setup is LVM -> LUKS -> Filesystem.
If I use LVM snappshots on the LVM will the LUKS header also be
backuped because it's on top of LVM?

/Martin