Any interest in making dm-crypt/LUKS more cross-platform?

Hello!

I know dm-crypt/LUKS already works on all the Linuxes, and that dm-crypt/LUKS volumes can be accessed from Windows via FreeOTFE, and that some implementation of it has even been ported to DragonflyBSD, but what about the rest of the *nix world, e.g. OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and Mac OS X?

Already, much work has been done to make various operating systems be able to read each others' file systems. I think it would be great if that portability were extended to encryption. If a person could make put a dm-crypt/LUKS encrypted ext2 partition and be able to decrypt and read it on any computer with a reasonably up-to-date version of Linux, Open/Free/NetBSD, and even Windows and Mac OS X (with added software), it would be really helpful, especially for back-ups where there is no guarantee that the computer tat wrote the data will still be usable in the event the data needed to be restored. (Maybe the user only has one computer, and wants to be assured that she will still be able to access important legal documents even if her computer breaks or is stolen and she has to borrow the computer of a BSD or Mac using friend.) If read-write support were available on such a wide variety of platforms, that would increase its usefulness for dual-booters who want to share an encrypted home partition between Linux and OpenBSD, Linux and FreeBSD, or whatever.

Anyway, that's my two cents, for whatever it's worth. Does anyone else concur?