Re: [ANNOUNCE] cryptsetup 1.3.0-rc1 (test release candidate)

On 03/15/2011 12:43 PM, Jonas Meurer wrote:
>> I will also limit LUKS keyfile in next version, mistake will cause problems
>> (reading the whole device in locked memory -> OOPS or something like that).
>> I guess max 8MB is enough? We have already limit on passphrase from terminal
>> to 512 bytes.
>>
>> Fixed in svn already.
>
> please document these limits properly in the manpage.

Sure. The loop aes limit was safety margin, I am really not sure which
configuration are even possible. It was set up according to documentation.

(And the reported keyfile was so nice, that it cut exactly the last
key so it detected 64 keys (v2 keyfile) instead of 65 and not failed because
of wrong key length as expected:-)

For the LUKS limit  must be documented and must not cause regressions
for people (that one is not yet limited in code, that remark above
was misleading, I just added TODO line.

Milan