Re: Is partial LUKS recovery possible?

Apologies for replying my own post.

I believe I found the not so happy answer for me in Dr. Wagner's monthly
FAQ.

Is it possible to provide salt manually?
Implementing a simple logic may allow re-generating the original header
in case something bad happens, but I admit it makes sense keeping
backups of lhdrs somewhere safe.

Thanks,
Miklos