status of dm-crypt (alignment issues) on a SSD

Hello,

I'm about to install a laptop (using Debian Squeeze) that ships a SSD
instead of a HDD for the first time (using GPT partitionning, then
dm-crypt over a partition, then LVM2 to make a physical volume out of
the crypto device, and logical volumes underneath).

I've done some searching/reading on the alignment issues involving SSD,
and most threads end up stating that things will eventually work "out of
the box" at some point. Most of them are quite old though, so I'd like
to know what the status on this alignment issue is, and, if possible,
what software versions are required for things to work properly (I
understood that linux >= 2.6.33 was a good starting point, but what
about cryptsetup, lvm2, util-linux, etc.?).

Here are the software versions I'm likely to find within the latest
debian-installer snapshot:

  - linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64 2.6.32-28
  - util-linux 2.17.2-3.3
  - dmsetup 2:1.02.48-4
  - lvm2 2.02.66-4
  - cryptsetup 2:1.1.3-4

Any hint would be greatly appreciated (including pointers to up-to-date
HOWTOs which I may have missed). Also, if you guys know which specific
feature of linux 2.6.33 is required, it would allow me to check whether
it's been backported to Debian's 2.6.32 or not.

Thanks a lot,

--
mike dentifrice <fluor@xxxxxxxxxxx>