Question on cryptsetup options

Hello All,

I am trying to use cryptsetup as part of my porgram encrypt a block device with a randomly generated master key that I intend to encrypt (with user password) and store on the device. I see that I could use the cryptsetup option '-d' to provide the key using a file on device but I don't want to store the unencrypted key file on device. Is there an option to "stream" the key file contents as input to cryptsetup?

BTW, I cannot use the -y option either - I am not running these from the console but through my program. Any suggestions? If this is not supported, is there a plan to support this in the near future?

Thanks a ton in advance for tips/suggestions/feeback!

cheers
Vinodh