Re: My sequence of failure

On 05.09.2010, Roscoe wrote:

> Retrieving important ASCII he had on there shouldn't be too hard, and
> for other things I quite liked photorec
> (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec).

That's interesting, I'll do some testing.

However, a lot of tools claim e.g. that they can recover deleted files on
XFS (yes, I know that he has reformatted his partition, and not deleted
any files), which is not possible, the source (at least the XFS
implementation in Linux) tells that non allocated blocks are
always zeroed out. In short: I'm a little bit sceptical :-)