Re: I quick-formated my encrypted partition , how to recover ?

Is this a LUKS setup or a dm-crypt one? I suspect LUKS.

If it is LUKS, you lost all your encrypted data forever.
The problem is that NTFS AFAIK has a volume boot sector that
will wipe the LUKS salts. It also has other stuff that have
a good chance of wiping the used key-slots. Basically
canging a few (very few) bits in the 128kB a keyslot uses
represents a secure wipe of the key in that slot.

In order to prevent that from happening again, please refer
to the cryptsetup FAQ, especially the section on backup
and data recovery.

For the other things, this is not the right place to ask,
butt googeling on how to recover a NTFS quickformatted
ext2/ext3 partition should bring up some clues. You can also
try the e2fsck man-page. Basically you should first make
a sector image of the partition as backup and then run e2fsck
with an alternative superblock number. It usually does a
reasonable job.

Arno

Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx
----