Re: Hybrid drives

I do see your point now, I think.

If the SDD (Flash) cache would be exported as device to the system, to use
it for system level caching (as in the system decides what to use it for,
i.e. page cache), then yes, portions of unencryoted memmory would be
written to that cache.
On the other hand, when support for this should come to the kernel (and
the HDD would allow the use of that flash in such a way) of course kernel
developers would have to take precautions, that this should not happen.
As for the key and passphrase itself I assume the pages are mlock()ed anyway
so they won't get paged.

Regards

-Sven