Re: crypsetup segfaulting during luksFormat

For starters, I'll select the easiest case, plain luksFormat without
special params:

cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/md125

# Allocating crypt device /dev/md125 context.
# Trying to open and read device /dev/md125.
# Initialising device-mapper backend, UDEV is enabled.
# Detected dm-crypt target of version 1.7.0.
# Timeout set to 0 miliseconds.
# Password retry count set to 0.
# Iteration time set to 1000 miliseconds.
# Password verification disabled.
Enter LUKS passphrase:
Verify passphrase:
# Formatting device /dev/md125 as type LUKS1.
# Initializing crypto backend (using secure memory).
# Topology: IO (524288/1048576), offset = 0; Required alignment is
1048576 bytes.
# Generating LUKS header version 1 using hash sha1, aes,
cbc-essiv:sha256, MK 32 bytes
Segmentation fault

For the fun of it, I will now set the iteration time to 10 000ms. (-i
10000)

# Allocating crypt device /dev/md125 context.
# Trying to open and read device /dev/md125.
# Initialising device-mapper backend, UDEV is enabled.
# Detected dm-crypt target of version 1.7.0.
# Timeout set to 0 miliseconds.
# Password retry count set to 0.
# Iteration time set to 10000 miliseconds.
Enter LUKS passphrase:
Verify passphrase:
# Formatting device /dev/md125 as type LUKS1.
# Initializing crypto backend (using secure memory).
# Topology: IO (524288/1048576), offset = 0; Required alignment is
1048576 bytes.
# Generating LUKS header version 1 using hash sha1, aes,
cbc-essiv:sha256, MK 32 bytes
Segmentation fault

The segfault comes way before the 10 seconds are over, that much I can
tell already. For the other info: I'm on gentoo, 10.0, hardened profile,
on amd64 arch.

Currently no core file is created, can you give me a fast shot on how I
force the system to write out a core?

The alignment (btw) is obviously detected correctly, that much I can
tell you too.

Regards

-Sven

P.S.: Sorry it took some time to provide the additional info, I was away
watching the soccer game :-).