Re: Bug in cryptsetup?

Hi Arno.

Nice to see that you've used a separate section for legacy stuff in the
FAQ :)

I guess for something like crpytsetup (with its active development and
changes to crypto theory) it's important for a FAQ that it's really
always up to date and double checked for correctness by the developers.

Therefore, may I suggest to add information to each FAQ point for/during
which version of cryptsetup it was created?
Of course this would required to check all entries again when a new
version comes out (whether they still are correct) and update the
version info.

btw: May I suggest to add the questions I put up here some weeks ago ...
about which is the "securest" algo, keysizes when using XTS,
essiv/benbi/plain when using XTS, how the masterkey is generated
using /dev/urandom (at least currently) and that one should not manually
use /dev/random as Milan said, etc.

It may also be nice to add that LRW is insecure, at least this is the
case AFAIK, and that therefore XFS was created.

Cheers,
Chris.