Re: "ERROR:apitest failed" after make check cryptsetup 1.1.0

On 04/28/2010 11:13 AM, Si St wrote:
> "can you try svn snapshot first - does it work?"
> What do you mean by "svn Snapshot"?

I meant current devel code
http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/source/checkout

(you have to run autoconf there. Or wait few days for 1.1.1 release)

> Don't understand the expression, I am probably a too weak newbie in this game.
>
> I have by the way ended all attemps of make install until it is 100%. I dont dare to mess up my SLED10,
> but in case I later should or ought to update I will do it on Your recommendation. So far the cryptsetup 1.0.3 works fine and smooth for me.

I have no access to SLED10 currently, but it is possible that only test is broken
because of unsupported IV option - can you try this change?

http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/source/diff?spec=svn201&r=201&path=/trunk/tests/apitest.c

The test were written primarily for maintainers, so it is quite possible that it fails on some old system,
but I'll try to fix them in next release.

Milan