Sharing encrypted block devices, for GFS2 over iSCSI?

Would it be possible to run a shared-disk, clustered filesystem over a
dm-crypt block device, which in turn runs on a shared iSCSI device?
I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has tried, or has theoretical
knowledge of why it would (not) work.

Multiple Linux machines can simultaneously R/W mount a clustered
filesystem (like GFS/GFS2 or OCFS). Performance can suffer when
multiple hosts write in parallel, but otherwise it works pretty well
(in my limited experience with GFS2). All of the participating hosts
need some kind of shared access directly to the same block device:
I've used iSCSI and DRBD, but I think FC is common, too. Each host
also runs a DLM (distributed lock manager) daemon, which sends and
receives info about which hosts are writing to which inodes, so they
can all keep their caches consistent with the disk. (better
explanation on WP, here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_File_System#Differences_from_a_local_filesystem)

>From my limited understanding of how iSCSI, GFS2 work, and dm-crypt
work, I have no idea how they'll cooperate with each other, though.
I'd like to test it, when I get a chance, but it would be nice to know
a little more, in advance.

Ryan B. Lynch
ryan.b.lynch@xxxxxxxxx