reading archives

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 00:53:12 +0100
From: Arno Wagner <arno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dm-crypt@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  reading archives

I tried this on Linux, silmply gunzip and it works.

I also tried it with 7zip on Windows, and it seems it
does not unzip, an the file size stays the same.
Same with the gzip Windows binary from
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gzip.htm

Seems like a bug in the gzip library on Windows.

I have sent a bug-report to support@xxxxxxxx

Arno

I used File Archiver or file roller as supplied by Fedora and I was unable to open the file in gedit. I tried doing cat 2009-August.txt and got what looked like output from a binary file or at least not a text file. I tonight tried unpacking from the command line (gunzip -dfv 2009-August.txt.gz) and got the same results. I had tried it also to the December file.