Help! "Command failed: /dev/sdd1 is not a LUKS partition"

Hi Folks,

I just installed kubuntu 9.10 alt amd64.  I backed up all my data on sdd1, and didn't touch it at all during the installation.  I noticed that sdd1 was detected as LVM during the install, which I thot was a little strange, but I didn't change anything on sdd1, nor do any LVM setup... However, when I try to open it this is the result:

thomas@Aristotle:/$ sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdd1 backup_crypt
[sudo] password for thomas:
Enter LUKS passphrase:
Command failed: /dev/sdd1 is not a LUKS partition

Is this just a matter of changing the flag on the partition table or am I screwed?

--
Cheers,
~Thomas

Mike Ditka  - "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."