Re: xfs and fstab. To HeinzDiehl, first of all. Ende

On 09.01.2010, Si St wrote:

> The intention is to have backup of my office on 2 archives
> ark1 and ark2 that resides on 2 different harddisks and not only on 2
> different partitions since painful experience is that the whole harddisk becomes
> inaccessible on many types of crashes. I tried first file-containers, then partitions.

If your data is important enough, I would suggest to have the second
backup on another machine or an external harddisk. Otherwise you could be
hosed if your machine gets damaged by overvoltage or similar, since both
harddisks reside in the same machine.

> sigbj@linux:~> sudo /usr/bin/tilkoble_xfs_krypt
> root's password:
>
>                **************************************
>                   skriv inn dekrypteringspassordet
>                           for partisjonen:
>                **************************************

Surprise surprise, du er norsk, er du? :-)
Her i Norges vestligste kommune har vi masse snø og nesten 10 minusgrader
for tiden, og jeg har nettopp hatt meg en tur ned i blindkjelleren for å
tine opp en del frosne vannledninger.

Masse hilsen,
Heinz.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

For the non-Norwegian speaking folks:

Surprise, you are Norwegian, are you? :-)
Today, we have a lot of snow and almost 10 degrees below zero here in
Norways westernmost community. Just now I'm returning from the basement
under my house where I was busy unfreezing some waterlines.

A lot of greetings,
Heinz.